FireTower Security Solution provides automatic, real-time protection against zero-day malware, and performs continuous monitoring with ongoing attack alerts and live forensics for incident response investigation.
The FireTower Service software can be hosted as an application on a Windows (desktop or server OS). Any Windows machine (Windows XP/sp3, Vista, 7,8,10 and Windows Server 2003R2, 2008R2, 2012R2, and 2016) can be protected through this FireTower Service using FireTower Client agent software. The FireTower Service PC can also be protected as an endpoint by installing FireTower Client software.
FireTower administration requirements:
Knowledge and training of Windows support professionals
Endpoint computers (Clients) to be protected:
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (both x86 or x64) and Windows Server 2003R2/2008R2/2012R2/2016
FireTower Service (run as a Windows task) requires a Windows x64 machine with Microsoft PowerShell 3.0 and above (for installation process only). The preferred FireTower Service PC is a Windows 10 Pro x64 machine (preinstalled with PowerShell 5.0)
FireTower Server requires the following TCP Communication Ports:
- Port: 80 for HTTP (C:\xampp\apache\bin\httpd.exe Apache
- Port 443 for HTTPS (C:\xampp\apache\bin\httpd.exe Apache
- Port 3306 for MySQL (C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe MySQL
The FireTower Server Installer software will make sure these prerequisites are met. If not, the Installer software will prompt you with the current application names and Process IDs that occupy these ports. Please free these ports first before re-run the FireTower Server Installer software.
If communication ports 80 and/or 443 are occupied by the system on the PC that you intend to install FireTower Server please consult this webpage to identify and resolve the conflict.
FireTower Server IP address has to be routable or with DNS registration in order:
- for internet connected endpoint PCs to communicate with the FireTower Server for protection and monitoring,
- to allow remote access FireTower Cyber Administration Console over internet or intranet.
For a typical installation process if target PC meets the requirements:
- FireTower Server installation will take less than 2 minutes to install.
- FireTower Client deployment will take about 1 minute to install and additional 2 minutes to initialize and register with FireTower Server database over LAN or internet.